File a Claim 800-937-1937
If you require emergency assistance, including salvage or fuel spill containment, please call us immediately at 800-937-1937.
In the event of an accident, you should immediately:
- See to the welfare of any injured people.
- Do not discuss fault or cause with anyone.
- Notify the local marine authorities.
- Report the accident to GEICO.
How to easily report your claim:
- If you already have your account set up through the BoatUS App or BoatUS.com/Account, simply login & click "Claims" to be ported over to GEICO to report your claim. Your policy information will automatically populate.
- If you haven't yet created an account, call 800-937-1937 or click here to visit geico.com to start your claim. You will need to provide the following information.
- Your policy number
- The full name of the named insured, as found on your policy documentation
- The birthdate of the named insured
- The last four digits of the named insured's driver's license number
("Named insured" is the name of the primary policyholder as found on your policy documentation paperwork.)
Have a claim? Need service work?
Learn about the GEICO | BoatUS Boat Repair Network
Our new fast and fair approach to boat repair is as simple as 1, 2, 3!
GEICO | BoatUS Boat Repair Network maximizes convenience. You will receive excellent treatment and a service experience that is second to none. Once you have reported your claim, we will connect you with the closest Boat Repair Network shop.
Named Storm Haul Out Coverage
All policies receive named storm haul out reimbursement.
When your boat is in the path of a NOAA Named Storm (within the "cone"), you are eligible for 50% of the cost of labor, up to $1,000, to have your boat professionally (by a paid captain, marina personnel, dockmaster or marine surveyor) hauled or prepared.
When you file a claim for reimbursement, select "Hurricane Haul out" as the cause of loss.
For tips on preparing your boat and the latest information on active storms, visit BoatUS Hurricane Resources.
Overview of Claims Process
Reporting Damage to your boat and/or trailer
- First and most important is to take all necessary steps to protect the boat from further damage.
- Report your loss to GEICO.
- Your claim will be assigned to an adjuster who will contact you with specific information on what is needed for your claim.
Reporting a boating accident with an injury or damage to another person's property
- See to the safety and welfare of any injured person.
- Do not admit liability or make any promises to another party.
- Report your loss to GEICO and the local authorities (if required by law).
We will gather the facts of the loss. We will ask you for an estimate from your chosen repair facility. That estimate should show a breakdown of parts and labor. We may ask you for a written statement of what happened, a list of property lost or damaged, witness information, or a diagram of how the loss occurred depending on the claim.
Settling a claim for damage to your boat and/or trailer
- Your claim will be processed in accordance with the terms and conditions of your policy.
- Once coverage is determined, and all information is received, payment is made to you and any lien holder shown on the policy declarations page.
- You, as the boat owner, are the only one who can authorize repairs to your boat and/or trailer. However, we recommend that you wait until we approve the estimate so you know exactly what is covered by your policy.
Settling a claim for a boating accident with an injury or damage to another person's property
- We will investigate the claim and your liability to the other person(s) will be determined if the claim involves an injury or damage to another person's property.
- Once coverage has been verified, and based on your degree of liability (negligence), settlement is offered to the third party subject to receipt of an executed release. This release protects you from any further claim arising out of this accident. Once the executed release form is received, payment is made to the third party.
- You should not admit liability, fault or responsibility to anyone. Doing so could jeopardize coverage.
The claim is closed upon completion of the investigation, settlement is made and payments are sent.
For a quote, visit our Online Application or call 800-283-2883 for personal service.