Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which method of installation is the best?
Dry Method of installation.
2. When I'm ordering registration numbers, do I have to order a quantity of two?
No, all boat registration number come as a pair, one for each side of your boat.
3. How long does it take to make my graphics?
All graphics are produced in 24 hours and shipped out the following business day.
4. Will my graphics come in one piece or several pieces?
All boat graphics with be in a one piece application unless specified.
5. I have my own design, can you use it?
Yes, we can produce custom graphics for you. Just email us the design and we will quote it for you.
6. I live outside the United States; can you ship the graphics to me?
Yes, Please call or email us to place your order for you.
7. Can your graphics be applied to other things besides your boat?
Yes, all of our graphics can stick to a wide range of materials and objects as long as the surface area where the vinyl is being applied is a smooth flat surface.
8. I would like to take advantage of your discount, how do I become a BoatUS Member?
Please contact our Membership Department (1-800-395-2628 / www.boatus.com/membership) and then contact us to place your order for you, due to your membership number not being fully processed.
9. My new BoatUS Member number won't work, what do I do?
Please contact us to place your order, due to your membership number not being fully processed.
10. How much is shipping?
We offer flat rate shipping:
$5.95 USPS Parcel Post
$7.95 FedEx Ground
$12.50 FedEx Second Day Air
$23.50 FedEx Next Day Air
11. How do I remove old graphics?
Please see our installation page for removing and applying graphics.
12. What are the average sizes for boat lettering?
The average lettering heights for most boat graphics order are between 4" and 8". For Documented vessels please check with the US Coast Guard (www.uscgboating.org)
13. I ordered something years ago, do you still have the order on file?
We have archives dating back to 2005.
14. How do I add an accent mark to my graphic?
Go here and copy one of the special characters. Then paste it into the designer. Not all fonts support special characters. If a character doesn't appear in the preview window, the font doesn't support it.
15. What happens if I mess up my order during installation?
No need to worry, we offer a 30-day Oops Assurance Guarantee which is covered on every graphics order. Any letters or graphics damaged during installation, will be replaced and shipping free of charge.